My Blogging begins...

This blog page was initially created for a graduate course, ETC...and as I ponder this adventure, it will also be a process to continue my professional growth and research as an educator in technology. Welcome along on my journey as I begin this next technological feat!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 1: Comment 1


office.microsoft.com/images

Original post:
One thing that I would like to incorporate into my Kindergarten classroom is the use of digital cameras for the kids. This would be a great tool to have in centers as an accountability resource. I could have a task set up in a center, and after students have completed that task, then they could take a picture of it, and move to the next center. Students would be responsible for uploading the images to the computer and saving them at the end of center time. When I need to assess what they completed, I would simply find the photo on the computer.

My comment: 
Rosalyn, What an interesting idea! I teach first graders, and as I was reading this I was thinking, could they do this? Are they capable?  And then my 3 1/2 year old came up to me with my iPhone and asked to play "her games!"  Oh yea, the kids could do it, and boy would they be engaged!  Great idea - for accountability, teaching technology, and engagement.  I may borrow your idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment