My Blogging begins...

This blog page was initially created for a graduate course, ETC...and as I ponder this adventure, it will also be a process to continue my professional growth and research as an educator in technology. Welcome along on my journey as I begin this next technological feat!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 3: Think Out-Loud PPP


I have been thinking long and hard as to which way to go - a presentation or write a paper?  I think at this point I will submit a paper.  If in the future I find a relevant conference, then I may apply and present my project because I do feel the validity of it may assist other educators in utilizing technology in the classroom.

I looked for journals where my project would compliment the goals and missions of the journals.  My project focuses on literacy and technology in the classroom, and how technology assists in creating motivation and engagement for all students.   The two journals I am looking at to submit my paper to are:

The Journal of Literacy and Technology (JLT)http://www.literacyandtechnology.org/cfp.htm
 This online journal is a peer-reviewed international academic journal.  I chose this journal because it looks at the relationship between literacy and technology in particular in education, but it also looks in the workplace, public, and individual spheres.  It provides a platform for discussion of new possibilities and alternatives to literacy and technology.

The Journal of Research on Technology in Education (JRTE)
http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/journals/jrte.aspx
publishes articles that explore educational technology in teaching and learning, and  pertain to the instructional uses of technologyI feel that "state of the art and future horizons of learning and teaching with technology in educational environments" sums up my vision of where education is going, and I hope my paper will help others move in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment